Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
A nice strawberry dessert recipe to try !
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 quart heavy cream, whipped
- 3 cups ripe strawberries, crushed and sweetened to taste
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
1. Beat the egg yolks lightly in a the top of a double boiler; set aside
2. In another saucepan combine milk and sugar; heat thoroughly. Do Not Boil. Pour milk mixture over the egg yolks, while whisking constantly.
3. Cook mixture in a double boiler over simmering water until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and chill.
4. Fold in the whipped cream and 2 cups of the crushed berries. Add Grand Marnier and freeze in ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
5. Serve ice cream with the remaining berries, flavored with a little port wine, if desired.
Makes about 2 1/2 quarts. The strawberry dessert recipe is ready to serve....enjoy the dessert ! Nice !