Easy Strawberry Dessert Napoleon
- 1 sheet (half of a 17 oz. pkg) frozen puff pastry*
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 cup stemmed and sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw folded pastry sheet for 20 minutes. Open sheet and cut along folds to make three equal strips; halve each strip to make six rectangles. Space apart on baking sheet. Bake in center of oven about 15 minutes until well browned and baked through. Remove to rack to cool.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk pudding mix, milk, and extract for 2 minutes; fold in whipped topping and blend thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate.
Carefully split each piece of pastry in half horizontally. Cover bottom halves with almonds, then pudding mixture and sliced strawberries, dividing equally. Cover with pastry tops. Dust with powdered sugar.
This recipe makes 3 servings and enjoy it!